Friday, January 11, 2008

Again, More Randomness

So I have 32 or 33 days until I leave, depending on if you count Feb 12 or not.

To keep you up to date, I'm still working, but I stop at the end of the month.
I joined Powerhouse Gym yesterday, and I'm starting to work-out there. There's a DEP call next monday, and for me it will be my thirty day briefing as well.

Other then that, there's not been much happening. I've been writing a lot, and I got my driver's license, which is kinda cool.

So I guess that's all for this post, I'll leave you with a random writing I did yesterday...I should warn you however, it's not a happy writing, though it was not meant to be as depressing as I think it turned out. I like it though, so I'm putting out there for you to decide! As always, comments are much appreciated!

*hugs and lovels to my peoples out there!*




Hollow-hearted Buildings
(are all that we become)

Twisted edges of broken metal.
Score the lines that lead right into our hearts.
Snap the panes of glass along these thin tracks.
Put them in a fitted steel holder.
Use our heartglass to cover up the holes in our walls.
Masking our truths, showing nothing.
But the warped and distorted image of the truth.
Don't ever open the casements.
You don't want to see what's inside.

Crushed stones build gravel sidewalks.
Leading paths down to the walls.
Dust raises from the ground you step on.
The sparkle of the glittering glass in the walls marks time.
Past noon.
Or past midnight.
Time matters little here.
It only goes to show you what the stillness can be like.
Only goes to show.
Shows the twisted distorted image.
Of the darkness locked inside.
The secrets we keep hidden.
'Neath the shallow buried lies.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey V,
Love the writing. So proud of you for joining the gym and using your precious time to prepare for the journey ahead of you.
Wishing you many muffins always,
MoM

Anonymous said...

UPDATE:

0 years
0 months
4 weeks
30 days
734 hours
44088 minutes

But who's counting?!

Anonymous said...

VV! Make sure you come to my b-day party before you leave or i will be very sad from not seeing you =(

Briar Rose said...

Gimme the day and time and location, and I will try to be there....

Peggy W said...

We have so enjoyed sharing this countdown with your Mom. I'm just so excited for you as you prepare to take this huge step, the Air Force has been a great choice for my son who joined 6/05. He followed in the footsteps of many members of my family to serve in the military including his Dad and I who were in the Navy, his big brother who was in the Marines(2 tours in Iraq), his brother-in-law who is an Army MP, his godfather who is an Army Reserve Major, Uncles who retired after 20 years in the Marines and Navy.
Stay strong, stay focused and always remember that we are looking out for your Mom as well as keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.
Peggy(WI)
PAFM of SrA Corey, Minot