Thursday, April 10, 2008

Troubled...

So things here are going fine, school classes are great, I'm having a blast ad doing well.

Except for there's this problem....with this guy I know...well you see his name's Justin...and he's in the AF too. And well, I really really really kinda like him, like...a lot. I'd dare to say I love him...

But see, there's a hitch...he's at Sheppard AFB... training as a Loadmaster...and I'm at Vandenburg AFB...training as a 2MO32...

There's only three bases I can go to...and almost no chance of him being able to go with me.


Are we starting to get the issue here?

Even my MTLs and First Sergent has told me that chances are that he and are are royally screwed....our chances of making it are next to nil, even if I go were I want to go and end up at Minot AFB, ND.

He's scared....truly scared....

And I'm just trying to find the loophole...


Because you know...we have a secret.....


We aren't giving up.
We aren't letting each other go.
We are not going to let this break us.


So I'm calling everywhere I need to, and pulling everything I can, to try to figure this shit out and find the loop.

Because...there always is one...right?
















There better be, because the other option will hurt a lot more then we can handle right now, much less then we have time to deal with while in Technical Training....



Any suggestions, comments, or lines to get help for this would be very very welcome!

8 comments:

Lea said...

Oh baby.
Now I know why you didn't answer my text earlier. You must've been 'blue'.
I understand that this is terribly hard for you and for Justin too. Ssgt. Marunick explained to you both that this would be difficult, though I know that's not what you wanted to hear. It just is.
Even if you two can't be together for a while, trust each other.
Have faith. Justin will need to have the same strength and faith too.
If you guys can muster that and see this through, put your head into your schooling and your jobs, vacation together when/if you can and enjoy what you DO have... you'll be strong, amazing individuals and you'll be so much stronger together in the long run.
I love you.
MoM

Debbie said...

V...while I was at V...LOL V at V!

I met my future husband. He had already volunteered to go to Iceland for a remote tour when we met. He couldn't get out of it and they wouldn't let me go with him. Yep...that was in 1979.

He left in October and in February came home on leave and we got married in Vegas. He went back to Iceland. I visited him in June for 30 days and then in October, he came back and I was stationed at Lackland and he at Kelly. I was 25 when we married.

It was extremely difficult. My son broke it off with his GF, of over a year, a couple of months ago, because he knows how hard it would be. She has a college path toward a Masters and it's all in NC.

Bottom line...I agree with your Mom, but wanted to give you both sides and unfortunately they are both difficult.

Debbie

Debra A. Estep said...

Hi V

First off let me say...

MY OLD EYES are going way blind reading your blue font. LOL

I WISH I had some magic words for you but I don't.

I WILL hold you close in prayer.

HUGS
XO XO XO
Mrs E.

Briar Rose said...

We knew coming in that this would be hard. We didn't think that it'd be impossible. I mean, how do you manage to keep your head in the game when you are missing someone that close to you? I;m managing alright for now, but it's dragging on my off time and I know it. It's got him scared bad, and that scares me, because, you know, he doesn't really get scared...but he's really scared of this. It's odd for once, to be the stronger one here and know that I'm scared and be pushing through on it anyways...

Michelle said...

It takes a strong bond and great communication to make a long distance relationship work. But it can be done if both parties want it to. Keep the faith!

Anonymous said...

My turn, now...
Oh baby(!)

I think the best way to be strong for each other is to be strong for yourself. Is it draining to focus on your studies while feeling this gaping hole in your heart? Sure it is, but 'perfect trust' means trusting the process of 'becoming'. Both you and Justin are just beginning your journey of becoming so much more than you were before. A baby chick struggles mightily to break out of its shell and the world outside the shell must feel terrifying, don't you think?

If you both can focus on the school/job ahead of you, face the fear and move through it, while supporting the growth and journey of the other person, then your connection will continue to be incredibly solid.

I think that standing strong in your commitment to your studies and having faith that the two of you will overcome your current obstacles is a true manifestation of 'perfect love and perfect trust'.

I love you, always.
Dad

Anonymous said...

*smile*
you already know what to do.

i've lived through long distance relationships... and all i can say you that its not easy at all. you have to make sure to be compleatly honest, talk whenever you have time, send lots of energy, be sure with every fiber that you want to be with him.

theres not much else to do.

Tonjia said...

Hi Avivah!

I dont have any profound suggestions to give you, I will leave that up to your mom, but I do know that you have to be number one right now.

You will have lots of time for romance down the road. I think its conceivable for you and Justin to stay close, and support each other as you finish tech school. Then see how you feel.. know what I mean?

Anyway, I am so proud of you and what you have accomplished!!

Keep posting!

Tonjia (Breannas mom)